Updated Physics 11 & 12 Sourcebooks
- Emphasis is placed on concrete demonstrations of physical phenomena and on truly ‘hand-on’ student labratory activity.
- Gore draws on many years of teaching experience to make physics understandable and enjoyable. He believes that physics can and should be fun to learn.
- The books provide a compromise between a traditional, highly mathematical, ‘broad coverage’ approach, anda purely conceptual approach.
- Books contain well-known demonstrations of physics principles, and a large number of student investigations. Some are descriptive, while others are analytical.
- Exercises and Chapter Review Questions vary in difficulty and in style. Some require non-mathematical, concept-oriented answers, while others involve manipulation of formulas that students have learned in the text.
- Investigations frequently end with optional Challenges for students who wish to pursue topics in detail.
- Solutions to numerical problems are provided at the back of the book.
Teacher’s Resource Manual
Gore’s Physics Sourcebooks are accompanied by Teacher’s Resource Manuals for both Physics 11 & 12. For each chapter of the sourcebook, the manual includes the following:
- Detailed Answers to numerical problems in Exercises and Chapter Review Questions.
- Test Yourself: Test items that might be used for review or practice by the students.
- Answer Key to Test Yourself.
- Test Items for the Chapter: Teacher might wish to use these as part of their class testing program. Numerical details can be changed by the instructor.
- Answer Key to Test Items.
- Teacher’s Guide to Investigations.
- Appendices to the Text.
Teacher’s Resource Manuals are available free of charge with a purchase of a class set. Alternatively, the Teacher’s Resource Manuals may be purchased separately for $50.00.
Previous editions of Gore Physics are still available while supplies last. Below, you can shop the entire Gore Physics collections. The new Physics 11 & 12 sourcebooks are now available. Contact Us today for a FREE quote.